I spent this week cloning the latest VISTAS build off of the bitbucket repo and making sure that my Visual Studio can successfully build it. This was a bit tricky, as large open source software projects inevitably gather a lot of dependencies, but I believe that I have my workflow in place.
I also set up this blog, submitted my project proposal (see previous post) and did some online resource hunting. I’ll list these resources here for me to come back to…
Research Papers of Interest:
User Interface Design with Visualization Techniques – A pretty basic paper, but introduces an interesting scoring rubric for UI analysis
Current practice in measuring usability: Challenges to usability studies and research – More interesting thoughts on UI quality heuristics